Saturday, April 16, 2011

Living in the Past


This beautiful picture of Elizabeth and Phillip captures the beauty of a time long past and values that seem to be long lost.  Until just recently, I have been so excited about the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  What kind of dress will she wear? What will she be called? Kate or Catherine? I remember watching the wedding of Charles and Diana on a very small b & w television in our dorm. The heartbreak of that relationship and Princess Diana's tragic death made this upcoming wedding that much more promising--a loving couple with a bright future for a Nation steeped in the most wonderful traditions! So what's my issue?
A few days ago, I was reminded in an article of a fact I had put out of my mind:  Prince William and Kate have lived together.  The article congratulated "the Royals" for finally catching up with modern times by discarding those antiquated rules of morality.
As my husband says,
the world is changing, but not for the better.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I did not know they were living together -- - but then I don't follow as much news as I should. That is a beautiful picture you posted.

At Home Together said...

Yes, isn't Queen Elizabeth a beautiful bride? Where are those days?