Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In Remembrance, Kermit L. Hall (1944-2006)




Dr. Kermit L. Hall taught at the University of Florida during my years there. He was such a profound influence on my life that I changed  plans mid-stream and decided to pursue a career teaching History. I always loved History, but because of my classes with him, I wanted to make it the center of my academic and professional life.  All of his students felt that way about him.

On a personal note, after Michael and I were married, he told me that Dr. Hall had been instrumental in bringing him to UF.  So, thanks to Dr. Hall, I found a career I love more than I can say, and a husband who means everything to me.  The Lord works through people in our lives in ways we can never imagine. I am so grateful for what He has done in our lives, and particularly grateful to have crossed paths with Kermit Hall. Today is his birthday, and I wanted to post some small remembrance of this great man.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very touching tribute and a reminder of how God works behind the scenes in ways we could never imagine. What a blessing Dr. Hall was/is in your and Michael's lives. He would be so proud of what you two have done at TMC and he would be so impressed with your talented and dedicated children.

Lynda said...

That is very sweet. It is often much easier to see the Lord's Hand when we look back.

Patsy said...

That is a great tribute!
Patsy

Patsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patsy said...

On 9/4 I posted the photo of World War I tags. We talked about.
Patsy

At Home Together said...

Thanks, Patsy! I'll take a look.